Uniform and Equipment
Our uniform supplier is Emblematic Ltd, orders can be placed as follows:
Order on-line from www.emblematic.co.uk and follow The Blyth Academy link. The garments will be delivered to your home address.
Visit the shop at Unit 20G, North Tyne Industrial Estate, Benton, NE12 9SZ, telephone number0191 270 1449.
The Academy Uniform for Years 7 to 11:
- Academy graphite grey blazer with logo
- Academy tie
- Academy plain black trousers or Academy black knee-length skirt (leggings/jeans are not allowed)
- White cotton long-sleeved shirt (no polo shirts allowed)
- Academy grey V-neck cotton jumper with logo (optional & to be worn under blazer)
- Black socks
- Plain black or neutral tights
- Sensible black shoes must be worn with low heels and black laces where appropriate (trainers/plimsolls must not be worn)
All students must have a school bag with their Planner, pen, pencil, eraser and ruler.
Our PE kit supplier is Custom Team Wear. Orders must be placed by Thursday 24th July to guarantee delivery for September. PE Kit will be handed out in PE lessons during the first week back.
Orders can be placed as follows:
Order on-line at www.customteamwear.co.uk and follow The Blyth Academy link. There is an option to have your items delivered to your home address for a small charge or have them delivered to the Academy free of charge.
Core PE Kit for Years 7 to 11:
- Black t-shirt with Academy logo
- Black shorts with Academy logo
- Football socks with Academy logo
- Trainers (non-marking soles)
- Polo shirt with Academy logo
- Tracksuit bottoms with Academy logo
- Rugby top with Academy logo
- Half-zip long-sleeved top with Academy logo
- Hoodie with Academy logo
Note: The Academy does not accept orders for Uniform and PE kit, to purchase items you must place your orders directly with the suppliers.
Earrings - the Academy only permits a maximum of ONE plain stud in each ear. Expanding earrings are not permitted.
No other types of jewellery- including necklaces, bracelets, broaches, rings are permitted.
Piercings and tattoos - All other forms of piercing and tattoos are not permitted.
Hair styles must be simple and any hair colouring must look natural.
The Academy does not permit hairstyles that reflect the extremes of fashion - unnatural or extravagant colours, extensions, beads or designs cut into the hair are not permitted.
The Academy does not allow excessive use of make-up in particular bright lipstick, mascara and thickened or false eye lashes.
Students not in full Academy uniform will not be permitted to attend mainstream lessons.
Parents/Carers will be asked to give assurance that their child will comply with the Academy's rules and regulations.